RSS
Video & Photo Tabs Updated on June 9, 2010.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bridal Bouquet

Blue and white colors in Chinese culture are typically associated with death. Due to the fact that white is the major color in western wedding and many Chinese nowadays have western ceremonies, white is really unavoidable. The key is how to use blue and white colors strategically. For example, I can't place these two colors side by side alone and certain shades of blue are forbidden. To avoid upsetting any elder Chinese family members, my parents have told me not to use blue as our wedding theme color. However, blue has always been my favorite color so I told my parents my bottom-line is to include some blue flowers in our wedding. I made it very clear that I won't make further compromise as long as blue and white are not the only colors in the bouquet or any floral arrangements.

Hydrangea is my favorite flower, followed by calla lily, tulip, lisianthus, anemone and rose (except red and white roses). The two flowers to avoid in wedding (for Chinese) are chrysanthemum and gladioly, typically used to honor the dead.

I have determined to use blue hydrangea in my bouquet, probably along with calla lily and some other flowers. The florist told me hydrangea is a "thirsty" flower, it requires water consistently to keep its beauty. Anyhow, I don't think this is a big issue, as long as I keep the bouquet in a vase at all times except when I'm walking down the aisle.

The three bridal bouquets below look absolutely gorgeous, but I must make some alterations if they are mine, either add more colors or take the white flowers out. It seems blue hydrangea is commonly placed with white flowers. I think blue and white look lovely together, it's unfortunate that I can't use this combination.

white tulips, light and dark blue hydrangea, white mini callas,
white stock, blue delphinium and blue triteleia



blue hydrangea and stephanotis

\

blue hydrangea, white rose and calla lilies



Other pretty bouquet arrangements of blue hydrangea with roses.








I like hand tied style bouquet the most, ideally wrapped with ribbon with some pins or crystals. The two designs below look very elegant and stylish.





We haven't chosen our florist yet, so the details and designs of our floral arrangements are yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter