RSS
Video & Photo Tabs Updated on June 9, 2010.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Wedding Bands

We ordered our wedding bands at the end of January from Lime Blue (the same store where BMM bought me the engagement ring). Both of us wish to have matching bands and we came up with a design that would be suitable for both genders.

BMM insisted the wedding bands to be made of platinum for its long lasting and durable characteristics. I wanted a small square diamond on each band to give them a little more pizazz. We chose a double band design for extra definition, with a matte finish on the inner band. This means a thinner matte finish band is placed on top of a thicker band. Our wedding bands were hand made; BMM's band is 6mm wide and mine is 4mm wide.

My band was taken back to Lime Blue three times due to unsatisfactory workmanship. I know I'm picky and overly attentive to detail but I thought I have every right to be fastidious on this most important piece of jewelry in my life. The problem was the edge of the matte inner band was rough, especially in the front close to the square diamond. When I ran my thumb over the surface of the band, there was a slight cutting sensation. The worse part was I could clearly identify the uneven finish just by looking at it.

As I was told by Lime Blue that the female band was quite thin, so it was hard to make the edge completely smooth. After two attempts to repair it I saw no improvement and pretty much had lost my patience at that point, so I told the store manager I would only give them one last chance. The store manager said since the previous repairs at the workshop didn't work she would send the band to the company's personal jeweler for the last attempt. She would offer us a refund if this final repair effort fails. Fortunately by the end of April, the band came back with a nice, smooth edge…so glad it was finally over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter